Sue recently returned from the FARE National Food Allergy Conference and invited Nut Free Wok’s Sharon Wong on the show to chat about what they learned at the conference. Sue and Sharon, both long time food allergy moms, review a few of the different presentations from the three-day event.
Presentations they highlight:
- Food Allergy Research and Treatment
- Microbiome: How the Inner Workings of the Gut May Cause and Treat Food Allergy*
- How to Read a Food Label: What does the Law Require?
- Traveling with Food Allergies
- Food Allergy and Related Diseases
Sharon’s conference presentation Allergy-Aware Asian Fare was a big hit with attendees. She shared some of her recipes and adaptations for cooking allergy friendly Asian foods found on her popular blog NutFreeWok.com. Sharon is also a food allergy advocate and lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and two teenaged sons.
* Video mentioned during this portion of the podcast.